By providing me with your data, you warrant to me that you are over 13 years of age.
I, Michelle Wiseman, am the data controller and am responsible for your personal data.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how I collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). I would be grateful if you would contact me first if you do have a complaint so that I can try to resolve it for you. I can be contacted at email@example.com or on 07970 596766.
How is your data used?
The Little Wise Toys’ website collects information to better understand how visitors access and use this website and to present timely and relevant information about Little Wise Toys’ products.
I will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or the law requires me to.
What information might be collected?
- Anonymous information about how visitors find the website (e.g. via google, social networking sites) alongside demographics of visitors such as gender, age and city. This information is collected via Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel.
- Personal information via on line shop orders and newsletter subscriptions such as:
– basic name details including title, first name and surname;
– demographic information such as town, county and postcode; and
– telephone number and email address.
- Other information relevant to client enquiries.
This data is used to help me to:
– better understand who visits the Little Wise Toys’ website and customise the website for you;
– respond to any specific enquiries I may receive;
– deliver the newsletter function to subscribers; and
– deliver orders that are made via the Little Wise Toys’ website.
You will receive the Little Wise Toys’ Newsletter if you have opted in to subscribe to this. This newsletter will provide a range of information such as updates from Little Wise Toys’, early learning related top tips, special offers and competitions, and news stories about related topic areas. Newsletters will be sent no more frequently that a maximum of once a fortnight, and will usually be sent less frequently than this. You can unsubscribe to the Little Wise Toys’ Newsletter at any time, either through emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this, or by clicking on the unsubscribe link that will be placed on the Little Wise Toys’ Newsletters.
What security mechanisms do you have in place?
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, I have implemented SSL encryption within the Little Wise Toys’ website.
What about links from the Little Wise Toys’ website to other websites?
If the Little Wise Toys’ website links to an external website, please note that we have no control of websites outside of the Little Wise Toys’ domain, and are not responsible for how they manage their privacy policies.
Q. What will I find inside each of the Little Wise Toys?
The magnetic Little Wise Toy’s collage range (dinosaurs, farm life, sea life and zoo life) contain the following:
– Everything you need to make a theme based collage (i.e. an A4 folding magnetic board and magnetic shapes);
– A colouring-in sheet of the completed collage;
– A bag of theme related fun facts; and
– A very informative educational resource which is bursting with ideas of how the kits can be used to support early learning across the age ranges 3-5 and 5-6. Some examples of the areas of learning covered include literacy (inclusive of a range of colourfully hand-illustrated practical tools for teaching little ones how to read), numeracy, geography/understanding the world, verbal communication and emotional health. All areas of this resource have been informed by the Early Years Foundation Stage (the pre-school equivalent of the National Curriculum) and Key Stage 1 of the National Curriculum. It has been developed using my background working on children and young people related policy areas in central Government, and also in consultation with parents, teachers and other experts working in early years’ settings and schools.
The Little Wise Box of Maths and Phonics contain the following:
– An A5 magnetic tablet;
– A range of letter tabs in the phonics and kit and number, symbol and shape tabs in the maths kit;
– A maths or phonics activity book which walks through everything little ones need to know about maths or phonics; and
– A numbers or alphabet sheet.
The Little Wise Box of Emotions contains the following:
– An A5 magnetic tablet;
– 28 hand-illustrated feeling tabs – each representing a different feeling;
– A 26 page activity book full of a wealth of insight, ideas and activities for supporting children’s social and emotional intelligence; and
– Two hand-made owl finger puppets for role plays.
The Reframing Your Thoughts kit contains the following:
– ‘A Note for the Kids’ cards which set the scene, take a look at how our thoughts work, introduce reframing and growth mindset, and outline how the Rainbow Card Toolkit can be used;
– ‘A Note for the Adults’ cards which provide practical guidance about how adults can help kids to develop a reframing approach to life; and
– 25 reframe cards. On the front you‘ll find the reframe. On the back you’ll find all sorts of practical support and guidance that kids can use to bring each reframe to life.
Q How have the Little Wise Toys’ products been developed?
I came up with the concept for the Little Wise Toys’ range, and designed and developed all products in the range. Children’s early learning has always been an area that I have had a strong interest in, and I have also been able to draw on knowledge and expertise gained through ten years experience working in central government on a range of children and young people focused policy areas – both in the Department of Health, and the Department for Education. During the development of all products, I have also consulted widely with a range of experts in the field (e.g. teachers, heads of early years settings, a nurse/health adviser specialising in children and young people, a child and adolescent psychiatrist, a trained educational psychologist and SENCO). Consultation with both parents and children has also been key in developing all of the Little Wise Toys.
Q Are the Little Wise Toys’ products good for travelling?
Yes, they are very travel friendly. The boxes are compact – A5 with a depth of just over 2cm – barely bigger than a book! The packaging is also made from a very sturdy recycled board card, and the packaging has been designed with a handy lid that can act as a tray to hold all of the shapes and tabs.
Q Are the Little Wise Toys’ product reusable?
Yes. The tabs are all magnetic, so they can be used again and again.
Q. What age group are the Little Wise Toys’ products suitable for?
All of the products have been informed by the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Sage 1 of the National Curriculum. They are recommended for 3-6 year olds.
Q. Do the toys follow toy safety standards?
Yes. All toys meet the rigorous criteria set out by the European Toy Safety Directive.
Q. Do the toys have any environmentally friendly credentials?
Yes. Great care has been taken to ensure that the range has good environmentally credentials, wherever possible. For example, all paper and card materials are either recycled or from other sustainable sources; environmentally friendly felt has been sourced for the finger puppets; and the magnetic material used in the boards is from an award winning environmentally friendly supplier that operates a zero-landfill policy. Also, when goods are shipped, I will try and used good recycle packaging materials, wherever possible. Even the tape that I use for packaging has been selected from an environmentally friendly source.
Q Where can I buy the Little Wise Toys’ products?
You can purchase the range at the on-line Little Wise Toys’ shop. There are some also fantastic independent shops across the UK that are lined up to stock the new range. If you would like to find out if they are stocked in a shop near you, or know of a shop that you think might be interested in stocking the range, please do email me at email@example.com.
Q. How much do you charge for postage? Also, do you deliver internationally?
The on-line shop currently takes orders for the UK only. There is a flat-rate charge of £3.00 for each UK order (you can order as many kits as you like for this). If you are based outside of the UK, and are interested in ordering some of the range, please do email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can look to see if we can arrange this for you.