- I bought my son the Little Wise Box of Maths for his 6th birthday last month and he loves it. The activities in the activity book are both challenging and fun and I love that they can be easily differentiated to match the ability of the child. Our box was particularly handy on a train journey home from Yorkshire and kept my son engaged most of the journey. I am very pleased with my purchase and the customer service I received from Michelle. I highly recommend it and will be buying more Little Wise Toys!
- I used the Little Wise Box of Emotions today with a 5 year old little girl who struggles with expressing her feelings and emotions, and it was a great hit! The pieces are just the right size for little hands, and she loved the magnetic board to stick them to. The poster is just the right size for working on a school desk. The book that accompanies the box set is very well written and is clear and easy to understand. It covers everything that you need to help support children. There are also plenty of activities to use with a range of children’s ages and abilities. The outcome of the work with the little girl today was that she was able to show me her ‘shocked’ face and tell me what would make her feel excited, which is something that has not happened before. A big thank you to Little Wise Toys.
- These products are great! As a mum and an early years teacher I can see the huge benefits of using these at home. My daughter loves the vibrant colours and being able to take them on the train. We have the maths and the phonics sets and I cannot recommend them highly enough!
Thanks Michelle, you’ve made learning at home fun!!
Early years teacher
- What a brilliant idea! I think parents and children will love them. The activity books read perfectly with very good and clear explanations. Children will have so much fun playing with them. The design makes them ideal for travelling too! I’d love to place an order when they are ready please!
Teacher on the consultation team
- Well done on your business. My daughter has one of your sea life kits and she loves it. She loves that she can rearrange her sea life scene again and again (it reminds me of the modern day version of fuzzy felt!). And the educational resources give me so many ideas to help her learn while she’s playing with it. She doesn’t even realise she’s learning, and just thinks she’s playing, which is great.
Amanda, St Albans
- I know everything that’s out there. Why have I not seen these before? They are very good. A great tool for parents to use with their children. I could really see these working for one-to-one support in schools as well. They are so child friendly. Nice and compact, and don’t take up too much space. Love them!
Retired Deputy Head
- We have bought both the phonics and numbers sets – they are excellent quality and we are looking forward to learning with them. My little girl has just started in Year R, we went along to a phonics workshop a few weeks back, the terminology was different to when I was at school. When I opened the little phonics box, it was like a follow on from our workshop. The terms are all in the little workbook, along with examples, which the school didn’t give us. I’m confident to use this and the maths set with my daughter knowing that it helps children along the same basis as school will. We have looked around a lot to find something for our daughter to use at home, but we couldn’t find anything as well put together and thought out as these little sets. Thank you for creating a brilliant product that provides us parents with some fun learning for the little ones at home and a little bridge connecting the way learning is done at school with the little things that we can do at home to support.
- I ordered the zoo kit for my four and a half year old daughter. I had no idea there would be so much inside the kits. So many different ideas to help with learning (my daughter now knows how plants work!). Great creation! I’ll be ordering a farm kit soon for one of my daughter’s friends for Christmas.
- I really must congratulate you on this endeavour. I think that the Little Wise Box of Emotions is an excellent idea and you have drafted it amazingly well! I think it is brilliantly put together and will really be a help to parents to develop those vital social-emotional intelligence skills in their young children.
Former Head of the Sure Start Child Health Team – Department for Education
- Perfect educational activity for young children. My daughter (almost 3) loves her sets. She’s now able to recognise some of the letter sounds. Thanks!
- My son received a maths kit as a present and it is one of his favourite games ever! The kit is great for encouraging experimentation and, with his love of maths, it is perfect. It is always packed for our weekends away or train journeys. I highly recommend this fun and educational bit of genius.
- Your kits are a great idea. My son was having a bit of a hard time with his reading. I wasn’t very confident in how I should go about helping him to learn phonics. Then I saw your kits and decided to get the phonics one. Honestly, it has been so helpful as it makes it so easy for me to help him. He also loves making all the words on his tablet. I can see improvements already and he’s very proud of himself (I’m very proud of him too). Just wanted to let you know and to say thank you.
- This is a very clever idea. I work with children with special needs, and these are perfect interactive tools for helping them with their learning. I’m going to get the phonics and maths sets so my Teaching Assistant can use them to give one-to-one support to our pupils.
- I work with adults with learning difficulties. Some are literally starting from the beginning in terms of learning how to read. I’d love to buy one of your phonics kits to use with the adults I work with.
Specials Needs Support Worker, London
- I run a nursery setting and I’m going to get a couple of these sets as the children would love playing with them. Such a good creative way to support early learning.
Nursery Leader – Nottingham