The Little Wise Box of Maths educational toy provides lots of opportunities for exploring numbers, shapes, distances and sizes. An ideal screen free travel toy for keeping the little one(s) busy and entertained while on the move. There are many other complementary fun maths activities you can also weave into you day using everyday objects. This blog suggests some ideas.
– Cooking together and letting children help with weighing and counting out spoonfuls and measurements.
– Sorting washing together by size and colour; and pairing up socks.
– Creating shapes out of different objects, such as coins or forks.
– Cutting toast into squares and triangles.
– Model building with recycled breakfast cereal boxes etc and exploring different shapes and sizes.
– Marking everybody’s height on the wall and seeing who is the tallest, the shortest, and who comes in the middle.
– Writing a selection of numbers on a chalk board. When you call out a number they have to identify it and squirt it with water.
– Exploring position by moving an item into different locations and asking if it is on top of/ underneath, in front of/behind, to the left of/or the right etc.
When out and about