I would love to share the values behind Little Wise Toys, all of which are driven by a lot of passion.
- Taking things back to basics with an old school way of learning. No screens, flashing lights or loud noises. But plenty of opportunity for interaction, imagination, creativity and fun and engaging learning opportunities.
- Investing a lot of time researching and exploring the evidence for each of the toolkits during the product development phase.
- Providing accessible ways for parents and carers to support children’s learning and development where you don’t need to be an expert in areas such phonics, maths, emotional health, early learning frameworks and so on as the kits provide all of the guidance you need.
- While also providing professionals working with children and young people in a range of settings engaging toolkits they can use to support the development of children and young people’s key life skills.
- Creating accessible products that help to lay invaluable foundations in children and young people’s development from an early age.
- Designing gender neutral and culturally diverse toys and resources. There are so many different important skills to be gained from different toys and resources. If certain types are directed at boys, and other types are directed at girls, then both boys and girls can lose out on the different developmental opportunities. This is why I was keen for my products to be accessible for everyone to use and enjoy. I am also proud to be a Let Toys Be Toys good practice award holder.
- Ensuring that the kits include a number of environmentally friendly credentials (e.g. all paper and card used is either recycled or from a sustainable source; the magnet used in the boards is from a company operating a zero landfill policy; and the felt used to make the finger puppets is also environmentally friendly). Plus there’s a section in the collage kits focused on introducing climate change to children and how we can all help with this.
- A whole lot of gratitude to everyone who supports Little Wise Toys. I love taking the time to include a personalised handwritten note with each order as a way of showing my appreciation.
You can find out more about Little Wise Toys here.